Castle Lantz Maricle, LLC
Effective Date: March 1, 2021
This Online Privacy Statement describes how Castle Lantz Maricle, LLC collects, uses and discloses personal information obtained through this website, clmatty.com (referred to as this “Site”).
This Site provides information about the legal services we offer and other general information and resources. The content of this Site does not convey legal, accounting, tax, career, or other professional advice of any kind. Your use of this Site does not create a lawyer-client relationship between you and Castle Lantz Maricle, LLC, nor will any information you submit to us via this Site be considered a lawyer-client communication or otherwise be treated as confidential or privileged in the absence of a pre-existing express agreement by us to the contrary.
What information we collect and maintain about you
In general, you can visit our Site without telling us who you are. However, throughout our Site, you may voluntarily submit Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) including, but not limited to, your name, title, company, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, and in some limited instance, you can upload a photo.
In addition, while we do not track your behavior across websites, we do collect information about which website led you to our Site, how you heard about Castle Lantz Maricle, LLC, and which of our Site pages you access while on our Site. The tracking we do on this Site may be associated with an IP address, but we do not seek to tie IP addresses to your name or other personally identifying information. After you leave our Site, we do not track you in any way.
Cookies or other similar technologies
Like many websites, we gather certain information about our Site traffic, which may be collected via cookies or similar technologies. Most information that we collect is not personally identifiable however, some cookies may collect IP addresses which may be personally identifiable.
You can configure your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to accept or refuse it. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. However, doing so may impact the functionality of this Site.
Uses of your information
The ways that we may use your information include:
- Administering our services and responding to your requests for information;
- Processing of submitted resumes and other documentation provided by applicants as part of an online job application and the evaluation of those applicants;
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance, operation, and effectiveness of this Site;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or to comply with laws and regulations;
- Providing you with information that may be of interest to you or your business;
- Providing marketing information if you subscribe to receive it or if you ask to receive additional information; or
- Other purposes permitted by law or with your consent.
Sharing of your information
We use various third parties to operate the Site and may disclose PII to such entities as needed for them to perform their specific tasks under our instructions, subject to this policy.
The third parties that we may be sharing your PII with include:
- Website services providers that assist us with hosting Sites, providing content and functionality, or monitoring activity on our Site;
- Communications or marketing services providers that assist us with communicating and marketing our services to subscribers of our Site or individuals that request information from us;
- Professional, consulting, human resources, or business development service providers that assist us to develop, analyze, and improve our Site;
- Law enforcement or regulators as required by law or when we believe that such disclosure is necessary in connection with a judicial proceeding or to comply with a court order, law or regulation applicable to us or the Site; or
- Law enforcement or security services providers to protect our property, this Site, to assert our legal rights, or to protect the property or safety of any other person as we deem necessary.
We may assemble aggregated, non-personally identifiable profiles of Site users and their activities on this Site, which may be disclosed to third parties in our discretion.
We do not sell any of the PII collected via this Site nor do we provide your information to third parties for the purposes of them marketing their products to you.
This Site contains links to third-party websites, provided for your convenience. If you use these links and leave our Site, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for any of these third-party websites, their content, or their privacy practices and procedures. We do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software, or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them.
Data security and retention
We employ physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. However, we cannot fully ensure or warrant the security of any PII you transmit to via this Site, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
Castle Lantz Maricle, LLC retains PII as long as necessary to fulfill our business relationship, as needed to fulfill our legal requirements, or until you request that we securely destroy your PII.
Choice, access, and correction of your information
To opt out of receiving marketing communications from us or to be removed entirely as a registered user of the Site, please notify us at [email protected]
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 16. If we receive PII that we discover was provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly destroy such information.
California privacy rights
If you are a California consumer, we provide you with tour disclosures regarding collection, use, and disclosure of personal information, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). In the preceding 12 months, we may have collected the following information via our Sites:
- Protected classification information as part of our EEO questionnaire for job applicants;
- Professional, educational, and employment-related information;
- Internet and electronic network activity;
- Inferences drawn about your preferences; and
- Other categories of personal information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
For more information, please see What information we collect and maintain about you.
We collect personal information for the business purposes described in Uses of your information and may have shared that information with third parties as described in Sharing of your information.
If you are a California resident, you may request certain information regarding our disclosures in the prior calendar year, if any. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which your personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose or sold, if applicable;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold, if applicable; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, if applicable.
To make such a request, please contact us at: [email protected] with “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line. In order to process your request, you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you (e.g., your name, postal address and email);
- Proof of your identity and address (e.g., a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We are not obligated to fulfill your request if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf. Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
Application of United States laws
Our Site and the information we collect via this Site is housed on computers located in the United States. The PII that you submit to us will be used and stored in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may differ from the level of protection in other parts of the world.
When collecting your PII and processing that information within the US, we do so with your consent, to perform a contract with you or to fulfill your requests, or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Castle Lantz Maricle, LLC when your rights and freedoms are not overriding.
EU Data Subject Rights
The GDPR provides certain rights for individuals. If you are an EU Data Subject, you may request information about:
- the purpose of processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- third parties that may have received your personal data from us; and
- how long your personal data will be stored.
You have the following rights:
- To correct your personal data record maintained by us if it is inaccurate;
- Subject to certain exceptions, to request that we erase your personal data or cease processing your personal data;
- To receive, or transmit to another controller, personal data concerning you that you have submitted to us; and
- To request reasonable access to your personal data at no cost and within a reasonable time frame.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as [email protected] with “EU Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line. If we cannot fulfill these rights within a reasonable time frame, we will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied. In many countries, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data.
Changes to our online privacy statemen
We regularly review our online privacy statement and we may make changes to keep it current with industry standards for the protection of the PII we collect and to fulfill our legal obligations. We will post the date of the most recent revisions on this page and you should check this page regularly to ensure you have the most current information about our privacy practices. Your use of the Site means that you accept our current online privacy statement, unless applicable laws or regulations state otherwise.
If you have any questions or concerns about our online privacy statement, email us at [email protected]